Ask Selma!

Q. A nodule was found in my friend’s stomach and she has trouble eating. I know what is being said (10 months). Is there anything new? She is my best friend.

A. It is important that your friend speaks to her nurse and doctor about the trouble she is having with her eating because of stomach cancer. Hopefully they will have recommendations. Perhaps a nutritionist who works with cancer patients could also help. It may be easier for your friend to eat frequent small meals rather than trying to eat too much at once. Sometimes nutritional drinks like Ensure and Boost may be helpful. Pureed foods may good for her.

IMPORTANT NOTE: No information in the “Ask Selma” column is intended to diagnose or treat any condition and should not be construed as medical advice. The opinions expressed here are Selma’s and do not necessarily reflect those of Vital Options International. You should never delay seeking or disregard professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health care provider because of something you read on any website.